Saturday, March 03, 2007

La Placita for Sagittarians on a Full Moon

Yesterday after lunch my best friend GTalked to me and told me to meet up at La Placita de Santurce to talk about the week and steam off some of the stuff that can happen in a week (as what happened in my previous post). So, as I work closer to La Placita than him (and he had to answer beeper messages from Chú at his home), I got there like an hour before to get parking in the usual free spot. As I was walking to La Placita, a SUV stopped besides me, someone got his head out and called my name. I had to take a second look because it was an old friend of mine from high school that I haven't seen since my last class reunion and lives in the States. He told me he was going to meet up other high school friends in La Placita, so I got there and hanged around with them for a bit until my best friend arrived. It was good to meet old friends and talk about things we have gone though and our experiences and from things of our high school years.

Then Ángel, my best friend, arrived and I moved to the usual spot where the owners know us already to the point that we don't have to tell them what we want for drink. We went through the usual exercise of telling stories of the week, developing them around what we believe should be right and what not... things from work, personal, friends, politics, history... when an Ángel's friend from high school arrived to where we were... and then another, and another, and in half an hour Ángel was having his very own 'class reunion' as I had hours ago when I arrived to La Placita.

Then to make things more not-regular yesterday, Flor appeared, out of nowhere. She is really not a usual bystander at La Placita, though she told us yesterday that in years past she used to. So, she joined us in our conversations and had a good time.

So, Ángel and I had our little class reunion and meet up with people that we haven't seen in a long time or we didn't expected yesterday evening.

And you may still be asking what's the part in the 'Sagittarians on a Full Moon'... well, Ángel and I are Sagittarians and yesterday was full moon... let's see what happens today that there's an eclipse, besides me feeling in a writing mood...

No comments: